Saturday, January 13, 2018

Housekeeping

   It's a NEW YEAR!! So I thought I'd do a little housekeeping here at sarahswritingcafe. This time of year I love taking down the Christmas tree after a month of sitting in front of it and admiring the festive glow it adds to our home. Once it starts to dry up and the needles begin showering the carpet my admiration fades. The time has come to de-ornament the tree and drag it to the curb. Suddenly the living room seems brighter without dark green filling up a corner and I feel motivated to clean out a few more areas. Granted, the house is still filled up with plenty of happy clutter, as I call it. I have a feeling my husband would still love to pick the whole thing up and shake it all out if he could before stetting it back down. At least there are a few places that are cleaner that they were. So that's what I'd like to do here if I may, clarify a few things before moving ahead to 2018.
   There is a trend in blogging. It seems most of the blogs out there adhere to a main theme or topic. When I was asked recently what I my blog was about I answered Alzheimer's. But then I got to thinking about that. Yes, I want the blog to be a place where I can share my own experience with Alzheimer's. But I want to do more than that. I am an eclectic person. If you were to stop by my house today during the snow storm we're having you would find my home to be a mix of country farmhouse, modern, and shabby chic and that the decorations I have range from family heirlooms to, mementos from my travels around the world, to my kids' artwork. So that's what you will find here at my blog as well. I know I may confuse some people. You might want to see the next chapter of On the Other Side of the Wall, my Alzheimer's story and come upon a post about home-schooling or running or favorite things. Look at the title and it will give you the topic first and then the more specific title of the post. This year I will be adding more variety to my posts and I would love to see what readers find resonates with them. Comments, thoughts, and questions are welcome!
   Did you do anything to start fresh this new year? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment