Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Thought for Today: Note to Moms

Today, I am writing to Moms and specifically to my faithful Homeschool Mamas out there. One of my passions is encouraging moms so I want to share some thoughts I've had during this surreal time of what I am calling The Shutdown. It's the invisible snowstorm that has kept us home. In my family, we are working through a variety of emotions and challenges related to not seeing our friends and not escaping to all the fun places we love. For me personally, I am missing my own friends and my favorite coffee shops. The other day when I was thinking of how I am going to handle this strange circumstance we are in right now, a picture came to mind. I saw a lighthouse. I was praying for my Homeschool Mama friends and I was trying to picture how to actually pray for them during this time. And there it was:
A Lighthouse
She was standing,
Strong
Beautiful
Tall
Above the waves,
Crashing.
She was shining,
Brightly
Bravely
Benevolently
At the edge of a stormy bluff,
Raging.
She was calling,
Quiet
Still
Aware
There above the waves at the edge of the stormy bluff.
She was bringing
Her
Boats
Home
Through the foaming sea
Around the rocks
Under her warm,
Safe
Light.

Moms: You are strong. You are beautiful. You are brave. You are the warmth and safety your family needs. You can do this! Keep praying. Keep standing tall. Keep shining your light to those around you to give them peace.
Photo from Unsplash by: Chris Meads




No comments:

Post a Comment