Friday, July 5, 2019

Favorite Things: Spring 2019

Here are a few of my favorite things from Spring and also Summer thus far!

Nike Running Jacket
In April I ran a half marathon (13.1 miles). This was a big goal for me because it meant training in the COLD of winter. On race day it was a balmy 37F with rain. What to wear? When you are running longer than 5 miles what you wear is a big deal. The Woman's Nike Sportswear Woven Jacket was perfect! Since there is a mesh panel in the middle it breathes well, keeping you dry and ventilated. Kohl's is the only place I've been able to find this particular jacket.

Running Cap
Another lifesaver for the 13.1 was my running cap. I found this at Walmart on sale for about $5! Functional gear doesn't have to be expensive.

Better Than Before 
I am on a Gretchin Rubin kick. Her books and podcast Happier are insightful yet fun. Better Than Before is all about habits; how we make and why we break them. Self analysis is at the core of this book and most of Rubin's other books as well. Want to understand yourself better and work better with your strengths and weaknesses? Read this book!

Bike Rack
One of my greatest achievements from the past 5 years is teaching each one of my kids how to ride a bike. So much sweat and many tears but we made it! Now I need to get us riding. Our Thule bike rack is making it easier for me to get the bikes ready for new adventures.

Peonies
My favorite Spring flower is the peony. The peonies in my garden are transplants from my grandmother's garden and are over eighty years old. I love feeling connected to the past and my grandmother's favorite things, too. That feeling never gets old, especially in the Springtime.


Charms

The charms from Lasting Impressions are inspirational and can be customized. Finding the perfect thing to commemorate a special day can sometimes be tricky. I looked and looked on Etsy until I came across this shop and requested my own custom charms.

Watermelon Salsa
On a hot summer day my secret recipe for watermelon salsa is a favorite for family picnics. Nope, not gonna share it!

Taughannock Falls
If you live in Upstate NY or happen to be visiting from far away, Taughannock Falls is a fun and picturesque place to check out. Our family hiked 3/4 of a mile up small waterfalls to the tall cascade tucked into the gorge. The kids loved every second! After our hike we ate lunch and then took a swim in Cayuga Lake. What a perfect family day!

What are some of your favorite things this time of year? I'd love to hear from you! Post a comment!







4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. YES!! I love, love the beach!! I'll have to plan a beach sunset before the end of the summer. Great idea!!

      Delete
  2. sitting on our back porch, so quiet and peaceful, watching hummingbirds, listening to birdsong, deer frolicking in the orchard, momma robin feeding her nestlings, groundhog pair (wondering if they mate for life),changing skies. I didn't know you had a blog - so cool! Cindy Cuthbert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a beautiful list! The everyday beauty of life is to be treasured. I love early mornings on my deck with the birds chirping while I sip a hot cup of coffee. Welcome to my blog!!

      Delete