Saturday, December 15, 2018

Favorite Things

Here are a few of my latest top picks of favorite things. Take a look! You might get a few holiday gift ideas!

Gravenstein Apple Balsamic
This fall I took a solo trip to the Adirondack Mountains to visit my sister and her husband. I had to stop at the Saratoga Olive Oil store. This time I discovered an amazing flavorful balsamic. It has the sweetness of apples mixed with a mild tartness. Salad can get boring, but this balsamic was the perfect ingredient to entice me to fix more veggies. saratogaoliveoil.com

Road iD
I finally bit the bullet and got my own road id bracelet. If you are a runner, hiker, biker, walker, or any other kind of adventurer that ever goes it alone you should consider carrying some kind of identification in the event of an emergency. Picking out the color and content for my Road iD bracelet was fun and easy. Now I just clip it on and go! https://www.roadid.com

Craft Storm Tights
Looking for the perfect tights to keep you warm on a run, cross country ski trail or ice skating? Check out these super comfy tights with fleece on the inside and a waterproof outer layer. I wear these as a single layer on 25F-40F days. https://www.craftsports.us

Grove Collaborative
I joined Grove this year and received a free gift of Mrs. Myers soaps. I LOVE these hand soaps! The fragrances are light as if they are fresh from nature. My favorites so far are Orange Clove and Apple Cider. Really, all of Mrs. Myers hand soaps are great! Check out Grove Collaborative...you might get a free gift and then you can subscribe and get your favorite soaps and nature friendly products in the mail.  mrs. myers hand soap.

Happier Podcast
I have become a little obsessed with this podcast. I love the practical suggestions Gretchin Rubin and her sister Elizabeth Craft offer for encountering every day happiness. Their connection as sisters also strikes a chord with me as one of four girls in my own family. I can't wait to dive into the topic of habits in Gretchin's book Better Than Before to kick off the new year! (gretchin rubin) If you are looking for a fun way to add some positive action into your life try out this podcast on iTunes.

Holiday Scents
This time of year is an especially aromatic one. When I think of Christmas, the fragrances of gingerbread and the clove-covered oranges I made with my mom when I was a little girl come to mind. While I don't love all the essential oil types of products out there, I have come across a few that make my home smell refreshing and Christmassy. Check out Merry and Bright drops to add to a special ornament that you can hang anywhere (mine is in the bathroom)merry and bright essentail oil. I received a fun Christmas gift last week! A DIY room spray that smells like a hint of pine with cloves and oranges. Check out Krista's amazing site for that room spray recipe as well as lots of essential oils info and tips: under the myrtle tree.

Sleek and Shine Serum
Struggle with thick frizzy hair? Don't want to pay $40.00 for the special oil from the salon? We've been using Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine on my daughter's coarse curly hair and it's been a God-send. Her hair is smoother and much easier to blow dry after applying this citrus-scented serum we found at Target for $4.99.target.com

These are just a few of the favorite things that are making my life easier and happier.

What are your favorite things lately? Share a few in the comments below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment