Wednesday, April 4, 2018

On the Other Side of the Wall: Poetry

   It's National Poetry Month! Grandma was a writer and she asked me on occasion what I was writing lately. I secretly hoped that somewhere in their house I would discover a hidden diary of hers from long ago telling what life was like for her as a girl. When we cleaned out their house after my grandfather passed away I did find some of her writing stashed in a file cabinet most of which was poetry. Enjoy!

God’s Creation


I saw God’s wonders and marveled at His creation
The sky, The land, The water so blue
The seasons that come and go
The trees the flowers
And the beautiful white snow
Each with its own pattern to
 fit into the whole
And each with a beauty
To thrill the soul
The soul of me just one of God’s
Creatures
In His eternal plan.
                                                               
                                                      Helen L. Rogers


No comments:

Post a Comment