Saturday, March 11, 2017

Thought for Today

  Today I am writing from one of my favorite coffee shops. It's warm here, the coffee is rich and HOT, the aroma of grilled breakfast sandwiches fills the air. We've been without power for three days and counting so I am thankful for time to get out of the house, alone without children, to relax and get my perspective back. It was a cold morning aside from our living room where the gas fireplace is keeping us comfortable. As I stood at my kitchen sink washing my hands looking at the thermometer outside the window which read the delightful 10 F, my eyes drifted down to a 3x5 card resting on the window sill. In my own handwriting in black ink it read, "I will extol the Lord at all times. His praise will always be on my lips." Psalm 34:1. I had to laugh to myself. The words AT ALL TIMES and ALWAYS hit me. This morning I wasn't thinking very clearly after another night of less than sound sleep trying to tune out a neighborhood of generators rumbling loudly. But those words were a shot of spiritual caffeine. Even when my french coffee press breaks, my contacts poke my eyes, my clothes feel wet when I put them on but they are just cold, or my water bottle is frozen solid when I grab it in the car for a drink..even those irritating moments are in the extol the Lord at all times cart.

1 comment:

  1. So true! Thanks for sharing, and such a great reminder. <3

    ReplyDelete